Monday, January 16, 2012

Big Bear Adventure

The minute the school bell rang me and the kiddos packed up the trunk of the car and headed up to Big Bear Mountain for a long weekend!

The Lake was half way frozen and so were their toes!
But they didn't care. It was great having a cabin cause the kids would play in the snow get super cold and then come inside for hot chocolate or soup and then go right back out again! I managed to pull them away from snow angels and snow ball fights for a trip into town.

We walked around the village and window shopped. But as always a trip to a cupcake shop was the highlight of my day!

Then it was back to the snow. It was falling as we went out for a walk around the snow covered block



Can't even see our feet!


I'm glad the kids run at a higher temperature cause they stayed out there longer than I could.

I was able to play with them for 20-30 minutes at a time before I had to run inside and thaw out...

It was great when I could convince them to come inside and watch a movie or two with me. I felt like it was the best family time we've spend it a while...


It snowed again the second night and the kids loved waking up to fresh snow that they could trample in!
Our last day there was cut a little short because of more snow! I was afraid to get stuck up there.

So we packed it all in after a few hours in the snow...



made some lunch and then headed home...






The drive home was a little scary and a bit slippery but we made it down, slow and steady! Thinking this is going to be a tradition from now on!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment