Sunday, December 2, 2012

Maui Wowie

I decided for my birthday to take myself on a trip, I wanted somewhere tropical so I packed a few bathing suits and went straight for the departure gate after I finished a trip. My choices were Costa Rica, Maui, and Thailand, with only a weekend to spare I listed my self for all the flights and took which ever left first.
Maui!!!!


 When I got there, I got in a cab an asked her to take me to a hotel by the beach. She took me to a a little hostel $30 dollars a night in an old plantation town called Paia. I put my stuff in my room and headed out to explore. Day 1
 I had dinner and walked the town... I got back to the hostel and chatted with a bunch of Europeans. A girl Julia from Germany invited me to go to the Haleakala Crater to watch the sunrise. Day 2

 This picture doesn't do it justice. It was an amazing and freezing experience. We explored the area a bit then headed for breakfast and a little beach hopping..
 Julia and Marc (he's from Belgium) at Big Beach, The waves here were pretty freaking scary and just up and over a rock was little beach (a nude beach) Yes we went :)

 This was Mckenna Beach my favorite beach in Maui...

 We laid out and snorkeled a bit. And they tried to teach me how to float without success I might add.
 And our last stop was the Ritzy beach which name I can't remember.. That night back at the hostel we had a  family style potluck and got to know alot of the people staying there it was pretty great!


 Day 3
 We went to a national park, hiked around seeing waterfalls and the Ioa Needle

 The water was freezing!

Back to the beach and lunch with the locals


My last night in Maui we went to Ho' okipa Beach park to see the Sea Turtles!!!!! We could see them poking their heads out of the water as the waves brought them to shore. They are  massive creatures. I can't even explain how amazing it was to see them slowly creep onto the shore.. Once the sun was setting we were asked by locals not to take pictures because it would disturb their feeding habits. We counted 18 Turtles on the beach. What a way to end my trip!
I can't wait to go back there, on the list the road to Hana and camping on Lanai

No comments:

Post a Comment